Are you one of more than 4.2 million Canadian adults living with arthritis?
Arthritis is cured (if you want it) is the National Arthritis Awareness Program expanding the conversation about arthritis - and we have an exciting new resource available for people living with arthritis - the ArthritisID iPhone app!
You probably know someone living with arthritis and battling pain on a regular basis - people don't often talk about arthritis or realize how serious it is. Our intention is to expand the conversation about arthritis with people living with one of over 100 types of the disease and with all Canadians.
In June, we are launching a leading-edge resource: ArthritisID, the most sophisticated, comprehensive, free arthritis app available for iPhone and iTouch. Developed by two of North America's leading arthritis patient and research organizations, Arthritis Consumer Experts and the Arthritis Research Centre of Canada, ArthritisID features the most current, research-based information delivered in the palm of your hand.
- An interactive screening tool and questionnaire to help identify the most common forms of arthritis;
- Save your arthritis screenings to discuss your results with your healthcare professional;
- Treatment strategies for arthritis, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, gout and more;
- Learn more about arthritis - factual information about arthritis indicators, medications, and goals for treatment;
- Important self care information topics, including diet and nutrition, exercise, physiotherapy and occupational therapy;
- Suggested questions to ask your doctor to optimize how your healthcare team manages your arthritis; and
- Connections to the Canadian arthritis community.
All information contained in ArthritisID app is based on the most rigorous Canadian and international scientific research in easy to understand language.
ArthritisID will be available for free download from the iTunes store in mid-June 2011.
Don't have an iPhone or iTouch? We have lots of resources available on our website at www.ArthritisIsCured.org - you can access a digital version of our screening tool, common myths and facts about arthritis, and key arthritis resources available in Canada.
We believe the more aware we are of the impact of arthritis, the better chance to find a cure and improve treatment, and most importantly, the lives of Canadian adults living with the disease. Arthritis could be cured - if you want it.
For more information about the ArthritisID app, or other valuable information on the disease, visit ArthritisIsCured.org. We encourage you to join the conversation about arthritis by joining our Facebook or LinkedIn group, watch our videos on YouTube or follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2017 ZoomerMedia Limited