The breadth of fresh, in-season ingredients available to Canadians is one of the many gifts of our country's cuisine. Here, from celebrity Chef Lynn Crawford, recipes to please any Canadian foodie.
To help Canadians celebrate Canada 150, Chef Lynn Crawford – Chef/owner of Ruby Watchco and Loblaw culinary partner – has crafted a delicious selection of recipes that incorporate fresh, seasonal Canadian staples and exciting global flavours to create Canadian-international fusion, a trend identified in Loblaw's 2017 Canadian Food Trends.
With inspiration from both classic Canadian favourites and exciting international cuisine, Canadians need look no further for their summer menu.
Rice Noodle Salad with Grilled Steak and Harrisa Ginger Dressing
• 3 Tbsp. (45mL) fresh lemon juice
• 3 Tbsp. (45mL) soy sauce
• 2 Tbsp. (30mL) tahini
• 1 tsp. (5mL) sugar
• 1 tsp. (5mL) finely grated peeled ginger
• 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
• ½ cup (125mL) President's Choice® Liquid Coconut Oil
• 1-2 tsp. (5-10mL) toasted sesame oil
• 8 oz. (250g) President's Choice® Rice Stick Noodles
• 12 oz. (350g) thinly sliced grilled boneless sirloin steak
• 1 small kohlrabi, peeled, cut into matchsticks
• 3 scallions, thinly sliced
• 2 cups (500mL) thinly sliced Napa cabbage
• 1 cup (250mL) cilantro leaves with tender stems
• ¼ cup (60mL) crushed salted, roasted cashews
• 2 tsp. (10mL) President's Choice® Black Label Harissa Spice Blend
• Whisk lemon juice, soy sauce, tahini, sugar, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl to combine. Gradually add vegetable oil followed by sesame oil, whisking constantly until emulsified; set aside.
• Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to package instructions until al dente. Drain; rinse under cold water, then drain again.
• Toss noodles, steak, kohlrabi, scallions, cabbage, and cilantro in a large bowl with three-quarters of reserved dressing to combine and evenly coat; season with salt. Top with cashews and Harrisa spice and drizzle remaining dressing over.
• Cover and chill.
Serving Size: 4 people
NEXT: Korean Fried Chicken Sandwich with Spicy Chili Aioli and Kimchi Slaw
Copyright 2017 ZoomerMedia Limited