Summer means seafood. This classic, crowd-pleasing one pot meal is perfect for entertaining.
Preparation 45 minutes
- 1 lb. shrimp in shell
- 1 lb. squid
- 1 dozen mussels
- 1 stalk celery
- 18 grape or cherry tomatoes
- Few sprigs of parsley
- 1 large shallot
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Pat of butter
- White wine (optional)
1. Prepare the shell fish ahead of time. Clean the shrimp and remove the
veins but leave on the shell. Cut the squid into rounds 1⁄2 inch thick. Soak
the mussels in salted water and refresh the water until all the sand is
removed 2 to 3 times.
2. In a large sauté pan heat the oil and saute the onions and shallots on
medium high heat until translucent.
3. Add the parsley stems, garlic,celery, tomato and red pepper flakes. Cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp then the squid and finally the mussels. At this point you can
add some liquid, either water or 3⁄4 cup white wine. Cover and steam the
fish for another 10 minutes.
5. Add sea salt at the end and give all contents a good stir.
6. Sprinkle parsley leaves and serve either over rice, pasta or with good crusty bread.