Let's say you were looking for new and different uses for your dishwasher. Multi-tasking is where it's at these days, so why should your dishwasher just sit there dumbly washing dishes?
Look no further than the British website of Finish, the dishwasher rinse aid.
1. Maybe you already knew that you can sanitize sponges and scrubbers by putting them on the top rack of the dishwasher and sending them through a wash cycle.
2. But did you know that you can cook salmon in your dishwasher? Yes, you really can poach salmon and steam side dishes in a dishwasher. The trick, says the Gastronaut website which provides the recipe, "is to keep your fish tightly wrapped in foil, don't use detergent and run the dishwasher on the highest and hottest cycle."
3. Pets' toys, kids' toys, tools (hammers, screwdrivers and wrenches are all dishwasher friendly), garden tools, even dust pans—load the racks and power clean them all, advises Finish. Come to think of it, combs and hair brushes could work, too.
4. Baseball caps! Finish suggests that it may be the best way to clean off any sweat bands and marks. Besides, baseball caps have a perfect shape for putting in the dishwasher, and you can really rinse out all the dirt inside the cap.
5. Footwear, too! Wellies and flip-flops do well when they're upside down on the top rack but remove all linings first.
6. Suds those spuds! Well,not exactly. No one wants soapy potatoes. But a rinse cycle works well for cleaning potatoes and other fruits and veggies, too.
Copyright 2018 ZoomerMedia Limited