Libations: Raise Your Spirits
Photo: Brooke Lark on Unsplash
Cheers! You’ll want to raise your glass and toast the holidays with this creative collection of festive cocktails.
1. Candy Cane Martini
Martinis and mistletoe! Let the merrymaking begin with this perfect, easy and delicious Candy Cane Martini, a holiday cocktail that combines vanilla vodka with white chocolate liqueur and peppermint
2oz Vanilla Vodka
1oz Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
½ oz White Crème de Cacao
½ oz Peppermint Schnapps
Light corn syrup, to rim the glass
Crushed candy canes, to rim the glass
To rim the martini glass, spread a thin layer of corn syrup around the rim of the glass and press crushed canes around rim.
Fill a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice. Add vanilla vodka, white chocolate liqueur, white crème de cacao and peppermint schnapps. Shake and strain into prepared glass.
2. White Cranberry & Apple Sangria
Looking for a party-in-a-pitcher? You’ve found it with this incredibly tasty White Cranberry & Apple Sangria recipe.
1 cup white/light rum
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup diced red apples
1 cup diced green apples
1 cup frozen cranberries
1 (750mL) bottle white wine, such as Torrontes, Pinot Grigio or Riesling
1 cup white cranberry juice
2 cups cold club soda
1) In a large pitcher, combine rum and sugar, stirring to dissolve. Add apples, cranberries, white wine and white cranberry juice. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
2) To serve, add club soda to pitcher, stirring to combine. Pour into ice-filled glasses and add some of the fruit from the pitcher.
3. Spiced Mulled Red Wine
The gloves are off (literally) as we sip on this warming, wondrous and perfect-for-the-holidays Spiced Mulled Wine.
1 (750mL) bottle dry red wine, such as Cabernet or Merlot
8 tbsp brown sugar
1 orange, sliced
8 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
2 star anise
4 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
1 sliced orange, for garnish
1) In a large saucepan, combine red wine and brown sugar over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves.
2) Once sugar has dissolved, add 1 sliced orange, cloves, 2 cinnamon sticks and star anise. Simmer for 20 minutes, careful not to boil wine.