There are still a few cold nights ahead of us before the warm weather is here to stay! Try to soup recipe to fight the chill.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- ¾ lb (340 g) boneless grilling steak cut into bite size cubes
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 box (900 ml) Campbell’s® No Salt Added Ready to Use Beef broth
- ¼ cup (60 ml) pot barley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Brown beef with oil in heavy bottomed sauce pan or Dutch oven at medium-high heat.
Stir in carrot, onion, celery and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add broth, barley and vinegar. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook covered for 30 minutes. Serve with green onion sprinkled on top.
Chef Bob’s Tips:
Don’t have balsamic vinegar in the house? Substitute 2 tsp (10 ml) red wine vinegar and 1 tsp (5 ml) brown sugar or molasses. This recipe works really well with leftover roast beef as well!
Copyright 2016 ZoomerMedia Limited