Zoomer’s Choice #2: Perfect Dining Music
“I’ve had it with the boom, boom, boom! Haven’t you?” says Moses — a proud crusader of civilized dining & drinking — in the CD’s linear notes. “When we ask someone for a bite, don’t we mean, ‘Let’s talk.’ To go to a place that makes that impossible seems perverse.”
So if you’re looking for the perfect soundtrack to your next dinner party, check out Zoomers Choice #2: Perfect Dining Music. It’s a compilation of Moses’ favourite composers & pieces, ranging from Vivaldi’s “Allegro from Autumn: The Four Seasons” to Mozart’s “Adagio from Clarinet Concerto in A Major“.
The tracks, however, are as elegantly arranged as any aspiring chef’s four-course meal. And with the inclusion of Blumer’s favourite calming recipes — which are available in full exclusively on The Classical 96.3 FM’s website — you’ve already got a planned menu to boot.
Here’s the full track listing, as well the the recipes inside. If you’re interested in a particular recipe, click on the link for the full recipe:
1. Antonio Vivaldi — Allegro from Autumn: The Four Seasons
2. Luigi Boccherini — Minuet from String Quintet in E Major
3. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart — Romance from Ein Kleine Nachtmusik
4. Enrico Toselli, arranged by Andre Rieu — Serenade “The Song of The Nightingale”, op. 6
Bob Blumer’s Recommended Cocktail: “The Sidesaddle“, a icy cognac with a squeeze of lime and a splash of Cointreau that will warm up any occasion.
5. John Williams — “American Collection” Theme
6. Johan Pachelbel — Canon in D
7. Maurice Jarre — Lara’s Theme from Doctor Zhivago
8. Johann Sebastian Bach — Largo from Concerto in D Minor for Two Violins, BWV 1043
Bob Blumer’s Recommended Starter: “14 Carrot Soup“, a simmering stock pot with wafting aromas that will be a warm welcome for your guests.
9. Charlie Chaplin — Smile from Modern Times
10. Frederic Chopin — Waltz in C Sharp Minor, op.64 no.2
11. Claude Debussy — Claire de lune from Suite Bergamasque
12. Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky — Scene (Moderato) from Act II of Swan Lake
Bob Blumer’s Recommended Starter: “Classic Steak Au Poivre“, a delicious way to enjoy a small, delicate portion of steak.
13. Sergei Rachmaninov — Variation No. 18 from Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, op. 43
14. Ennio Morricone — Love Theme from Cinema Paradiso
15. Patrick Hawes — Quanta Qualia
16. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart — Adagio from Clarinet Concerto in A Major K622
Bob Blumer’s Recommended Starter: “Passion Pineapple“, a healthy serving of fresh fruit with ice cream.
Click here to purchase your copy of Zoomers Choice #2: Perfect Dining Music.
Interested in joining our Anti-Noise Pollution League? Click here for our growing list of recommended and unrecommended restaurants, bars and lounges.