12 Irresistible Reads for Winter
Cozy up with these great reads
– Fredrik Backman’s A Man Called Ove, a hit in Europe, features a cantankerous boomer leading man.
– Giller-winner Linden MacIntyre delivers a stunning tale of vengeance in Punishment.
– Rebus fans will delight in The Beat Goes On, The Complete Rebus Stories by Ian Rankin, including a few new ones, featuring the incorrigible detective.
– Stephen King’s new supernatural thriller, Revival, boasts the most terrifying conclusion King has ever written.
– Eighty-five-year-old Addie tells the story of her life to her 22-year-old granddaughter in Anita Diamant’s The Boston Girl.
– A coming-of-age tale meets ghost story in A Sudden Light by Garth Stein, author of The Art of Racing in the Rain.
– Queen of the beach read Elin Hilderbrand sticks with family drama for her first Christmas novel, Winter Street.
– Jodi Picoult explores the mother-daugther relationship in Leaving Time.
– Margaret Bradham Thornton pens a trail of love lost and regained that runs from South Carolina to Europe and back in her debut novel, Charleston.
– The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution, by Steve Jobs biographer Walter Isaacson, charts the evolution of the digital landscape.
– Vanity Fair calls on Noël Coward, Dorothy Parker, Gertrude Stein and other early contributors to celebrate its centennial in Bohemians, Bootleggers, Flappers and Swells: The Best of Early Vanity Fair.
– Legendary fashion designer Valentino Garavani shares his passion for entertaining and his art de vivre in Assouline’s Valentino: At The Emperor’s Table.