The Queen and Prince Phillip ‘shocked’ by Tunisia attack
Queen Elizabeth has sent her “sincere condolences” to the families of those killed in the Tunisian beach massacre.
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were “shocked” by the gun attack on Friday (26.06.15) – which has left 38 dead – and also offered their “deepest sympathy” to the injured, according to the BBC.
15 British deaths have already been confirmed, but officials fear the UK death toll from the shooting – carried out by 23-year-old Seifeddine Rezgui, who had links with Islamic State – is in the mid to high 20s, and relatives of others still missing are anxiously awaiting any news.
Scotland Yard says its investigation into the attack is likely to be one of the largest counter-terrorism deployments since the London 7/7 bombings in 2005, which killed 52.
Three people from Ireland were also killed in the horrific attack, while other countries affected by the shooting include Belgium, Germany and Ukraine.
Rezgui’s father, who had been detained for questioning, told ITV News he was “ashamed” of his son’s actions and wished “it had never happened”.
The beach where Seifeddine Rezgui stood on Friday, pulled a Kalashnikov from his parasol and unleashed Tunisia’s worst ever terror attack, has already reopened.