Prince Harry promotes Invictus Games
Prince Harry recorded a special message about the 2017 Invictus Games in Toronto.
The 32-year-old royal appeared on large screens at BMO Field before kickoff at the 104th Grey Cup final on Sunday (27.11.16).
In the clip, he said: “Hello Canada! I know you are all eagerly awaiting the kickoff of the 104th Grey Cup, but I just wanted to steal a moment of your time.”
The flame-haired hunk also used the moment to remind people to pay tribute to soldiers and their loved ones who have fought for their country.
He continued: “I cannot think of a better way to mark 2017 than by paying tribute to the soldiers and their families who have served their country so bravely.
“I hope you all will get behind the Canadian team and join us next September.
“I guarantee you’ll be entertained, moved and inspired by the very best of the human spirit.”
Harry’s Invictus Games will take place in Toronto, Canada from September 23 – 30, 2017.
The British royal will bring his sporting contest for injured service personnel and will feature up to 550 members of the armed forces from 17 countries, including Iraq and Afghanistan.
Mike Burns, CEO of the Canadian event, said: “It’s where a lot of the competitors were engaged in combat or peacekeeping missions.
“We’re not just putting on a traditional sports competition, it’s meaningful therapy.
“It starts when they get selection by their countries to compete.
“I’ve heard on more than one occasion ‘these games have saved my life’.
“It seemed more needed to be done…there’s no ticker tape parade for those who’ve come back from wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.”
Speaking about Harry, who has previously held the games in London and Miami, he said: “He’ll be there a few days earlier, he’ll want to see the venue and preparations and will attend from the opening to closing ceremonies.”