Picking a Cell Phone Should Be as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
Whether you need a cell phone for emergency, to keep in touch with your loved ones or to browse the internet, there’s a solution for you. Our cell phone buying guide will guide you along on how to pick your next cell phone.
1. Figure out your needs
When it comes to picking a cell phone, your needs are what matters the most. To find out what they are, you can ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you a first time cell phone user? If you want to start with a really simple device, your best bet is a flip phone with limited functionalities, or are you ready to try a handset with more features.
- Do you already own a cell phone and do you want to keep on using it? If you do, your phone needs to be compatible with the network provider that you would choose next. In other words, if your network provider changes, the phone may need to be “unlocked”.
- Are you comfortable with trying new technologies, touch screen phones? They are easier to understand as all you need is on a large screen, and hardly need to press anywhere else.
- How often are you going to be using your cell phone?
Flip phones are easy to understand and handle. The award-winning Doro PhoneEasy®, designed for the needs of seniors, provides both simplicity and functionality.
A few features to consider
- Camera – You want a camera on your phone to keep great memories. If you intend to buy a smartphone, look for cameras starting from 5 Million pixels.
- Screen size – Flip phones usually have a small screen going from 2 to 3 Inches only used to read. On the other hand, smartphones have touch screens going from 4.5 to up to 5.5 Inches and more.
- Speed – Phone speed is usually determined by its processor’s power. You won’t see big differences on flip phones but the processor in your smartphone will make a big difference on its usability.
2. Pick a plan that matches your needs
If you are a first time cell phone user, you may want to have a basic and affordable plan. And, if you already have one but are not sure how much you are using, you can always ask your current provider or check your latest bills.
Always wanted to do more than Talk& Text? A smartphone is what you need. Indeed, you can take everything that matters with you, everywhere. Choose from more minutes and texts during the daytime, unlimited evenings and weekends, or even international text to stay in touch with your family abroad.
Data is great for staying connected on the go. Turn it on when you need it and turn it off when you don’t. Plus, you can monitor your data online or on your phone. So, whatever you need to do on the go, Data is something you wouldn’t want to miss out on!
Couples and Family
Are you planning to share a plan between you and your loved one, or your whole family? This can mean great savings! You could get Unlimited Talk and Text between both users Canada-wide, and much more…
3. Choose the right Operating System
Now that you know what kind of usage you will have and what kind of plans you will need, it’s time to pick your Operating System (OS).
On Flip phones, OS are simple but different depending on the manufacturer. Smartphones, on the other hand, can be sorted into four main categories, depending on their OS:
- Google Android OS – Simple, affordable and highly compatible with third-party devices – Android devices are a good way to start with a smartphone. Plus, some Android phones have a useful Easy Mode that turns your smartphone into a simple and easy-to-use advanced device.
- Windows OS – If you owned a Nokia Phone or enjoy Windows for PC, a Windows phone is the right pick for you as most Nokia/Microsoft devices have similarities and ways to sync your information between all your devices.
- BlackBerry OS – For advanced smartphone users with a strong preference for security.
- iPhone OS – User-friendly but pricey, iPhones are generally sold with an expensive monthly service plan.
Still have questions?
Zoomer Wireless provides affordable cell phone service and home phone service to seniors across Canada.
If you would like to ask more questions related to this cell phone buying guide, talk with a dedicated live agent at 1-888-632-1529.