5 Renovation Ideas to Keep You Warm This Winter
CARP RECOMMENDED PARTNER SPONSORED CONTENT
We are now well into winter. Each morning is a little colder and each day a little shorter, but that does not mean your home has to lack in warmth. In search of a solution, Paul Napolitano of Royal Home improvements, a GTA leader in residential renovations offers his favourite renovation and décor ideas. Following are five themes to consider while home renovation planning this winter.
1. Transform a bathroom into a spa: “With a few updates to your bathroom every day can be a spa day.” Napolitano explains. Modern touches such as heated towel racks, steam showers, wireless audio, natural materials, shower benches, curb-less showers and rain showerheads can all create the feeling of a spa in your home.
2. Upgrade the floor: “Winter is a good time to upgrade your flooring. Keep comfort and warmth top of mind.” Napolitano says. Colour and material are always part of the choice. But in-floor heating is a great option now for any renovation project. It adds value to your home, is energy efficient and provides warmth and coziness on those cold winter days.
3. Consider your roof: “The last thing anyone needs to discover is a roof leak after a heavy rain or January snow fall.” Napolitano explains. Like putting snow tires on before the snow flies, a simple inspection of the roof and attic insulation, especially in older homes, could help keep the warmth in and the water out.
4. Fire up the fireplace: “Making your fireplace a focal point of the room is always a popular choice.” Napolitano explains. With a plethora of design options at your disposal, it is easier than ever to match the fireplace to the style and décor of a renovated home. Even if the fireplace is not functional, you can use candles to decorate it and give off warmth.
5. Warm with Décor: Use knit, faux fur throws, and wool pillows to give your home a cozy feeling even on the coldest days. Thick and classically patterned rugs and thick heavy drapes will also help with insulation and alongside fresh greenery and a bright coat of paint will do wonders for the vibrancy of your home.
Create a warm and comfortable living space this winter by renovating and updating your décor. Trust the experts at Royal Home Improvements for all of your renovation needs.
Call Royal Home Improvements at 416-236-4400 or visit the Royal Home Improvements website to request a free estimate. CARP members can save up to $2,000 off the tax. Not a CARP member? Seniors never pay tax.