Go Green, Eat Clean
CARP RECOMMENDED PARTNER SPONSORED CONTENT
“Eat your greens, and you’ll get dessert!”
A phrase most of us have heard quite often when we were children. Turns out, the promise of dessert wasn’t the only reward. Eating greens has many benefits, especially when it comes to your sight. Leafy greens like kale, arugula (also known as rocket), collard greens and spinach, contain carotenoids, a nutrient, that is good for your eyesight and can help prevent age-related diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration (vision loss).
To help you go green this month, here is an easy, yet delicious recipe your eyes will relish!
Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese and Fresh Berries
Prep time: 5 mins
Yields: 4 portions
- 6 cups or 1-10 oz bag arugula
- 2/3-cup fresh berries of your choice
- 3 tablespoons roasted or raw pecans, optional
- 4 oz soft crumbled goat cheese
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, plus more if desired
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Toss the arugula, the roasted pecans, goat cheese and the dressing. Adjust seasoning to taste. Add the berries at the end and mix them gently not to mash them.
CARP members receive exceptional benefits at IRIS:
- $150 towards any complete pair of prescription eyewear (frame and lenses valued at $250 or more) or prescription sunglasses
- $50 towards the purchase of an annual supply of contact lenses
- $50 towards non-prescription sunglasses valued at $100 or more
- $500 towards vision correction procedures at our ophthalmology clinic in Laval, Quebec
- $25 towards the purchase of 3 or more bottles of Eye Omega Benefits 240 Gel Caps
Register with CARP and receive your IRIS Benefits. Visit www.carp.ca.