Top 5 Mobile Health Apps Endorsed by Experts
CARP RECOMMENDED PARTNER SPONSORED CONTENT
Health apps are getting popular among Zoomers because of the benefits they provide. From tracking and analyzing medical data, to improving your memory, apps are taking a huge amount of weight off our shoulders by keeping the information we need right at our fingertips.
Researchers says that health apps are increasingly being used. In the near future, doctors will begin to ask for electronic data collection to be stored and shared more easily between all healthcare providers. In comparison, this is a much easier and more reliable process than managing paper notes that can be lost or discarded.
With over 318,000 health apps on the market, most Smartphones users are still not aware of the availability or benefits such as tracking your health and wellness, sharpen the mind, or manage chronic conditions.
We listed the 5 most downloaded health apps endorsed by experts that will take your smartphone and your self-care routine to the next level:
Created by a leading provider of health information services and with more than 95 million visitors access each month, WebMD APP helps you with your decision-making and health improvement efforts. They provide 24/7 access to mobile-optimized health information and decision-support tools.
How it works
WebMD includes tools such as Symptom Checker, Drugs & Treatments, First Aid Information and Local Health Listings, that works like a reliable database of medical information. The app also gives you access to first-aid information without having to be connected wirelessly – Helpful when you don’t have Internet access in a time of need.
- Symptom checker
- Create medications reminders
- Drugs and medications information
- Pill identifier
- Conditions list and information
Instant Heart Rate is considered the most accurate heart rate monitor and trusted by top research institutions such as UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) for cardiology research training.
How it works
The app measures the heart rate by placing the tip of your index finger on your phone’s camera. The camera then tracks the color change on your fingertip as it is linked to your pulse.
- Measure your heartbeat, BPM (beats per minute), or pulse zone accurately in <10 seconds
- PPG graph (similar to ECG / EKG / Cardiograph)
- Optimize your workout: monitor heart rate when exercising
- Heart rate training zones (Rest, Fat Burn, Cardio, and Peak)
Whether you want to lose weight, tone up, get healthy, change your habits, or start a new diet, this app has you covered. Considered the world’s most popular health and fitness app, MyFitnessPal shows an impressive metric that 88% of people who tracked their diet for at least 7 days lost weight.
How it works
Based on your profile, the app will recommend a daily calorie intake target to achieve your weight loss or gain. All you have to do is log your food and exercises throughout the day. The logging is easy, you can type the food name (they have more than 11 million cataloged foods) or simply scan the food’s package barcode.
That’s it! Just doing this everyday can show you so much about what you’re eating and how that impacts your health.
- Biggest food database
- Barcode scanner
- Calorie counter
- Macro tracker
This app is very useful in case of emergencies. Always be prepared to be a hero, the official Canadian Red Cross First Aid app gives you instant access to the information you need to know in most common first aid emergencies.
How it works
With videos, step-by-step advice, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge, it has never been easier to know lifesaving first aid skills. Their preloaded content allows you to have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without Internet connection.
- Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
- Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
- Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
Medisafe is a free, award-winning (Google Editor’s Choice) pill reminder and medication tracker ranked #1 by pharmacists, physicians and patients.
As a medication management platform, Medisafe is a comprehensive tool that compiles all of your medical and health information in one place.
How it works?
The app allows you to set pill and medicine reminders, refill alerts, doctor appointments, and health journal with 20+ trackable health measurements.
Medisafe also complies with strict privacy laws (HIPAA and GDPR compliant) to safeguard your medical information.
- Drug-to-drug interaction checker
- Get reminders for all your meds, times and displays your notes such as “take with food”
- Handle very complicated dosing schedules, benefitting from years of tips from other Medisafers
- Track dozens of measurements – such as blood pressure, weight, and glucose all in one place
- See daily and monthly medication progress reports that you can send to a doctor or nurse ahead of an appointment
It’s important to note that health apps are not meant to replace real doctors or health practitioners. Always talk to your doctor when symptoms appear or before changing your health routine.
This is just a small sample of the many apps you can download and start the journey to a healthier you. You can uninstall them any time. Click here to learn how to install and uninstall your apps!
A Smartphone and internet connection is required to use those apps. As a Wireless service provider Zoomer Wireless has affordable options of smartphones plans starting at $36* that will give you plenty of data to use your APPs! Exclusive bonus data available when you call 1.888.655.1252 to learn more.
Zoomer Wireless provides affordable cell phones with voice, text and data plans, as well as home phone and tablet to Zoomers across Canada.
Our friendly and Canadian customer service team is just a free phone call away should you have any questions. If you want to inquire about our cell phones or plans, Zoomer Wireless has a large selection of devices and plans for all your wireless needs. Call our dedicated live agents today at 1.888.655.1252 or visit http://www.zoomerwireless.ca/.
* Lifetime Rewards Bundle includes 10% off plan fees, the annual cost of CARP membership dues, Zoomer Magazine subscription and CARP Chapter donation are provided for as long as you are a Zoomer Wireless customer. For customers who currently have a CARP membership and/or subscription, renewal will start upon expiration of existing CARP membership. For customers who do not have a CARP membership, membership and subscription will start immediately upon signup with the Zoomer Wireless program. 10% off plan fees cannot be combined with Bring Your Own Phone discount.