Guilt-Free Cashew Energy Balls
CARP RECOMMENDED PARTNER SPONSORED CONTENT
You want to eat healthy, but sometimes you just need a treat.
How would you like a sweet snack that is so healthy you never have to feel guilty indulging? Cashew Energy Balls may taste like cookie dough, but they are packed full of nutrients that are great for your overall health and your eyes!
Where to begin listing off all the goodness. Cashews! They give you zeaxanthin and lutein, both eye health superheroes who help reduce the effects of certain eye conditions like macular degeneration and cataracts, and along with dark chocolate (the darker the better), rolled oats and marvelous maple syrup, cashews are a great source of all important anti-oxidants. The other ingredients aren’t just along for the ride, adding anti-inflammatories, vitamins E and A plus a host of minerals.
You can see why we are fans.
INGREDIENTS – Yields 6 to 8 balls
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp natural cane sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 tbsp pure maple syrup (you may add more if the dough is too dry)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, optional
Add the cashews and oats to a food processor and pulse until it forms a fine crumble. Then add the salt, sugar and flour and pulse for a few more seconds. Incorporate the maple syrup and vanilla, then pulse again until combined. The mixture will be sticky. If you choose to add chocolate chips, stir them in by hand. Roll the dough into bite-size balls. They will keep for a couple of months if you store them in the freezer.
CARP members receive exceptional benefits at IRIS:
- $150 towards any complete pair of prescription eyewear (frame and lenses valued at $250 or more) or prescription sunglasses
- $50 towards the purchase of an annual supply of contact lenses
- $50 towards non-prescription sunglasses valued at $100 or more
- $500 towards vision correction procedures at our ophthalmology clinic in Laval, Quebec
- $25 towards the purchase of 3 or more bottles of Eye Omega Benefits 240 Gel Caps
Register with CARP and receive your IRIS Benefits. Visit www.carp.ca.