Let’s Make Managing Your Medications Easier.
CARP RECOMMENDED PARTNER SPONSORED CONTENT
From starting a new fitness routine, to quitting smoking to making healthier choices, it is never too late to think about making positive changes to your health. Making healthy choices also includes staying on top of your medication routine.
Did you know that 50% of Canadians are not taking their medications as prescribed?1 It’s important to stay on top of when and how to take your medications. Missing a dose or two of your medications might not seem like a big deal but it can prevent you from feeling and being healthy.
It can be difficult to stay on top of your medications for several reasons including:
• The side effects might be unpleasant or too difficult to manage.
• You may feel like your medications are not working.
• You may have difficulty taking your medications, particularly with large tablets or devices like inhalers.
• You may simply forget, especially when taking multiple medications throughout the day.
• You may think you no longer require them.
Here are some simple tips to keep you from missing your medications:
• Link your dose with a daily activity, like eating a meal or brushing your teeth before bed.
• Organizing your medication by having it packaged in a blister pack such as Rexall RightDose™, can help make it easier to keep track of them, especially if you are taking multiple medications.
• If you are concerned about any side-effects you may be experiencing, speak with your Rexall Pharmacist. Your Pharmacist can work with you and your health care team to manage the side effects, adjust the dosage, or find another medication, if available, that is more suitable for you.
• Don’t stop taking your medications, even if you think you don’t need them anymore – it’s important to remember that your doctor believes that the medication you’re taking is the best treatment for you. If you have any concerns with your medication, speak with your Rexall Pharmacist and physician before stopping your medication.
We understand that there can be many barriers to ensuring you stay on top of your medication therapy. The good news is that managing your medications can be made simpler by speaking with your Rexall Pharmacist. Rexall offers several helpful Medication Management Tools, that can be customized and combined to best suit your needs:
- Sign up for Rexall Reminder and get a notification via email, text message or phone call as soon as your prescription is ready for pick up.
- Introducing the newest member of our medication management tool family, that conveniently sorts your medication by date and time, all in an eco-friendly package with improved portability.
• Be Well™
- Sign up for Be Well™ and make it easier than ever to manage your prescriptions and your health & wellness with easy-to-use tools. Wellness. Simplified.™
- Take refills off your to-do list. When you sign up for Auto Refill, your Rexall Pharmacy will automatically remember to refill your prescriptions, hassle free, so you don’t have to.
- A one-on-one sit down with your Rexall Pharmacist to review your medications and health goals.
- A visual representation of how you are taking your medication(s) versus how it was prescribed. This helps identify if you need any support from the pharmacist to make taking your medications easier.
Let’s make managing your medication easier with helpful medication management tools provided by your Rexall Pharmacist.
Speak with your Rexall Pharmacist on how to get the most out of your medication. Take Care and Be Well.
1 Coambs RB et al. Health Promotion Research. Review of the Scientific Literature on the Prevalence, Consequences and Health Costs of Noncompliance & Inappropriate Use of Prescription Medication in Canada. University of Toronto Press, 1995
CARP members save 20% on all regular priced Rexall private brands, every day, just by showing your card.
© 2021 Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd. All rights reserved.