What’s Sexy About Hearing Aids? More Than You Think
CARP RECOMMENDED PARTNER SPONSORED CONTENT
A hearing aid might not be the first thing you think of when you hear the word sexy. We typically reserve that word for things like sports cars and lacy lingerie, or items that are exquisitely designed with great attention to detail, style, and form.
But life is worth hearing, so it’s not a stretch to consider a device that allows you to participate more fully in the world around you, one sexy little piece of technology.
In fact, it’s pretty easy to turn the notion that a hearing aid isn’t sexy on its ear (if you’ll pardon the pun). All you have to do is think about the many ways wearing a hearing aid can make life more exciting and appealing – which is, after all, the very definition of sexy.
1. Hearing your partner during intimate moments. Nothing kills the mood faster than having to say, “pardon me?” just when things are heating up. Or, even worse, having to say it repeatedly. It’s also a bit of a buzz kill when you can’t hear what your partner is asking for – or what they’re appreciating – during those romantic moments.
2. Being proactive. There’s something quite attractive about people who aren’t afraid to take control of a situation, particularly if it enables them to live a fuller, happier life. It’s easy to admire someone who decides they want to make a change for the better, and then just goes out and gets it done. Personal empowerment is very sexy, after all.
3. Appreciating a joke. Most people admire those who have a good sense of humour, and a hearing aid allows you to show yours off. Laughing along with the room, responding with your own witty one-liners, and hearing those inside jokes whispered quietly under the breath lets everyone know you’re looped in and fully engaged. No more hiding that quick wit!
4. Showing respect for others. When you can’t quite hear the TV, radio, or other devices well enough, the temptation is to crank up the sound. Which is all well and good, unless you’ve turned the volume up to ear-piercing decibels that are bothering everyone around you. Being someone who respects the comfort of others is a quality most people find incredibly appealing.
5. Being reliable. There’s great comfort in knowing that your hearing can be relied upon – for both you and those around you. Friends and family can trust that you’ve heard and understood what they’ve said, and if someone needs assistance and calls out to you, you’ll be there.
6. Being real. When you don’t have to guess what someone is saying, you can respond with the appropriate answers, comments, or reactions – which can make all the difference when the conversation is a sensitive one. For instance, being able to confidently respond with, “I love you too,” is a wonderful feeling.
7. Being confident. People are drawn to those who carry themselves with confidence, and being able to communicate effectively again can give you back the kind of confidence you’ve always had, making you more “you.”
If a hearing aid is something you’ve been considering lately, finding out more about these demonstrably sexy little devices is simple. Just visit HearingLife and get ready to #SwitchLifeOn.
Over 750,000 clients have trusted HearingLife with their hearing healthcare needs, and they form the largest network of hearing clinics with over 350 network clinics across Canada. Staffed by certified hearing healthcare professionals, HearingLife offers the most advanced hearing aid technology and up-to-date diagnostic equipment, as well as clinical support and exclusive 360-AfterCare.
To book a free, no obligation hearing test, visit HearingLife.ca.
CARP members save additional 10% off the regular price or limited-time promotional price of select hearing aids sold at HearingLife and our national affiliated partners, proud sponsors of the Campaign for Better Hearing, and earn up to 2,000 AIR MILES® reward miles with their purchase!