Our 6 Favourite Vacations Reads
Are you making plans to travel? Don’t forget to tuck your essentials in your carry-on! Sunscreen, sunglasses and your favourite book.
Looking for some great reads? Here are some hand-picked suggestions from our team!
Two star-crossed magicians engage in a deadly game of cunning in The Night Circus, a spellbinding bestseller that has captured the world’s imagination. This book is captivating, entrancing the reader every magical step of the way.
Follow the journey of a 15-year-old boy who describes himself as “a mathematician with some behavioural difficulties” who sees the world in a surprising and revealing way.
We honestly cannot remember the last time we laughed this hard reading anything! American comedian Tina Fey writes this autobiographical comedy book.
The story of a woman who loses her memory and has to decipher the last decade of her life. From being 29, in love and pregnant with her first child, she will wake up in another dimension where she is divorcing her husband and figuring out how to take care of her three kids.
The Mindy Project creator and star provides us with a realistic insight into her new life as she struggles with work and personal issues. Along the way, there are plenty of funny and heartfelt experiences.
This novel is driven by the mystery of why a 4-year-old child is found abandoned on an Australian wharf in 1913. Kate Morton provides the intricate layering of different times and places masterfully, gifting the reader with a story that captures the imagination and heart completely.
Since reading requires good eyesight, do not hesitate to make an appointment for an eye exam with an IRIS optometrist near you!
Did you know CARP members receive exclusive offers at IRIS?
- $150 IRIS Certificate: Redeemable towards the purchase of eyeglasses or sunglasses including a frame (such as custom tailored Topology frames) and a pair of fully coated prescription lenses (lens value minimum value of $250)
- $50 IRIS Certificate: Redeemable towards the purchase of a pair of fully coated progressive lenses for your current frames (minimum value of $250)
- $25 IRIS Certificate: Redeemable towards the purchase of a pair of fully coated single vision lenses for your current frames (minimum value of $250)
- $50 IRIS Certificate: Redeemable towards the purchase of non-prescription sunglasses valued at $100 or more.
- $50 IRIS Certificate: Redeemable towards the purchase of annual supply of contact lenses.
- $250 IRIS Certificate: Redeemable for laser eye surgery both eyes or $250 per eye for specific intraocular lens replacement. (Available at our Ophthalmology Clinic in Laval, Quebec only)
Register with CARP and receive your IRIS Benefits. Visit www.carp.ca.