Finding Your Ideal 2022 Journey with Collette
After two years of staycations and time to think about where to go next, 2022 is proving to be a huge rebound year for travel. We are seeing a lot of bookings for 2022 and beyond at Collette as travellers are itching to get back on the road! With restrictions loosening worldwide and an end to pre-admission COVID testing for fully vaccinated Canadians, it’s time to get back out there.
We have learned a lot about what Canadian travellers are looking for and want to share some trends we are seeing at Collette and throughout the industry.
Deep Dives into America and Beyond
In the face of unprecedented travel restrictions, Canadian travellers reveled in the opportunity to see what they could discover within North America, and that trend is continuing. A new report from lifestyle and news publication Vancouver is Awesome stated that the number one travel destination for Canadians in 2022 is the United States, with Italy coming in second.
Expedia’s 2022 Travel Trends report projected that regardless of where Canadians decide to travel, they are searching for an enriching experience on the road. Expedia referred to this in their report as the GOAT mindset, or Greatest Of All Trips, and 61% of Canadians were looking to take that great trip in 2022. American Express Travel polled travellers in Canada and around the world and found the following:
- 62% of polled travellers plan to take 2-4 trips in 2022
- 64% plan to spend more money on domestic travel in 2022
- 72% plan to spend more money on international travel than they did last year
Enjoy Time Outside
In the last year, trips that connected travellers with the great outdoors were some of the most popular. According to a report from the World Travel & Tourism Council, that will continue.
Both the WTTC report and the Expedia report said they expect travellers will continue gravitating to some beachy locales. In terms of domestic outdoor spots, Expedia reports that places like Maui, Hawaii and even Gatlinburg, Tennessee are top-searched destinations in the U.S. While outdoor trips in America are hot, there are also plenty of international destinations that celebrate nature and continue to be top performers. Costa Rica remains a top seller for Collette and across the industry for 2022, as does a destination with a cold, volcanic sand beach: Iceland!
The WTTC Trending in Travel report has some fascinating findings about outdoor travel in 2022:
- 52% of travellers say they are more likely to take an outdoor trip now than they were prior to the pandemic
- 47% of polled travellers want to experience nature on their next trip
As the longest-running tour operator in North America, Collette is the company travellers can trust to show them the world, including tours that showcase the best of the outdoors and nature. Here are some things to check out for a breath of fresh air this year:
- Feel the sand between your toes on the beach on our Hawaiian Adventure tour.
- Look out over the mountains of Tennessee and North Carolina on our Bluegrass Country & the Smoky Mountains tour.
- Enjoy game drives searching for wildlife across the grasslands on our African Safari: Kenya and Tanzania tour.
- Extend your Spain’s Classics tour and check out the sparkling coast of Costa Brava.
- Read a book under rustling palms on a private beach on our Essence of Thailand tour.
Are you ready to explore? Book now! CARP members save an additional $100 per person off any tour – combinable with all other retail offers. See gocollette.com/carp to learn how to save.