Spice Up Your Brunch!
Tianna Robinson | August 9th, 2015
Trade out the eggs Benedict and waffles this weekend and try a Mexican-inspired brunch! Check out these recipes for Puff Pancake with Guacamole and Breakfast Nachos from Sabra.
Puff Pancake with Guacamole
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups refrigerated hash browns
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 6-ounces (about 6 slices) bacon, cooked, crumbled
- ¼ to ½ cup Sabra Guacamole
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Melt butter in 9-inch pie pan. Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine all pancake ingredients. Using wire whisk, mix well.
- Pour pancake mixture into melted butter in pie pan and place in oven. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until pancake sides are puffy and light brown. Once done, remove from oven.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in 10-inch non-stick skillet. Add hash browns, onion and red pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until hash browns are light brown (6 to 7 minutes). Carefully turn over potatoes and continue cooking on second side until light brown (6 to 7 minutes).
- Add shredded cheese and crumbled bacon; continue heating until cheese begins to melt (1 to 2 minutes).
- Spoon hash brown mixture into center of puff pancake. Spoon guacamole in center of potatoes.
- Add salsa if desired.
- 3/4 Lb bulk chorizo
- Vegetable oil as needed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 T water
- Salt to taste
- Salted tortilla chips
- 6-8 oz. mild cheddar cheese
- Sabra Homestyle Medium Salsa or your favorite Sabra salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Saute chorizo over medium heat. Remove the chorizo from the skillet with a slotted spoon and drain it.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add onion for about 10 minutes, until soft and reserve.
- Melt butter in a shallow, medium baking dish in the oven.
- Whisk eggs, chorizo, water and salt in a bowl. Remove the baking dish from the oven and pour the eggs into the warm dish.
- Top eggs with enough chips to make a single dense layer.
- Scatter onions and cheese over the chips.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are set lightly and the cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite Sabra Salsa and serve immediately