Spice Up Your Brunch!
Trade out the eggs Benedict and waffles this weekend and try a Mexican-inspired brunch! Check out these recipes for Puff Pancake with Guacamole and Breakfast Nachos from Sabra.
Puff Pancake with Guacamole
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Lb bulk chorizo
- Vegetable oil as needed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 T water
- Salt to taste
- Salted tortilla chips
- 6-8 oz. mild cheddar cheese
- Sabra Homestyle Medium Salsa or your favorite Sabra salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Saute chorizo over medium heat. Remove the chorizo from the skillet with a slotted spoon and drain it.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add onion for about 10 minutes, until soft and reserve.
- Melt butter in a shallow, medium baking dish in the oven.
- Whisk eggs, chorizo, water and salt in a bowl. Remove the baking dish from the oven and pour the eggs into the warm dish.
- Top eggs with enough chips to make a single dense layer.
- Scatter onions and cheese over the chips.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are set lightly and the cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite Sabra Salsa and serve immediately