Turkey, Broccoli and Rice Bake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes to one hour
2 tbsp/30mL vegetable oil
1 cup/250 mL fresh broccoli, chopped
1 cup/250 mL onion, chopped
1 lb/454 g leftover Butterball turkey breast
2 cups/500mL reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cans (15 oz/ 425 mL) chicken broth
2 cans (10 oz/285 mL each) cream soup (chicken or mushroom)
1 tsp/3 mL dry mustard
1/2 tsp/1 mL paprika
1 cup/250 mL dry instant white rice
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Coat baking pan with non-stick cooking
2. In large skillet heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Sauté
broccoli and onion 5 minutes. Add turkey.
3. Spread mixture in baking pan and top with 1 cup (250 mL) cheese.
4. Combine broth, soup, mustard and paprika in skillet. Bring to a boil. Remove
from heat and stir in rice. Blend with mixture in baking pan.
5. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove cover and stir gently. Top with remaining cheese. <p>
Recipe from the Butterball Kitchen, via www.newscanada.com