John Irving Contest Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter this contest. Limit of one entry per person. To enter fill out an online ballot on the contest page at www.zoomermag.com. Contest commences on April 3, 2012 and closes on May 31, 2012 at 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time. Entries that are incomplete will be disqualified. All entries shall become the property of ZoomerMedia Limited. ZoomerMedia Limited shall not be responsible for entries lost, misdirected or delayed. Entries received by any other method (phone, fax, courier, e-mail or dropped off in person) will not be accepted.
2. Ten (10) winners will be selected to win one (1) of ten (10) signed copies of John Irving’s book In One Person.
Arrangements will be made with the winner(s) for delivery or pick up. Any expenses incurred for delivery of books will be borne by ZoomerMedia Limited.
Draw Date: June 1, 2012
3. The winner(s) will be selected in a random draw from all eligible entries received. The draw will take place June 1, 2012 at 12:00pm Eastern Standard Time at the offices of ZoomerMedia Limited. Winner(s) will be notified by email. If a selected entrant cannot be reached or does not claim his/her prize within 48 hours of the draw date or does not meet all the contest conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries. To win, the contestant must have correctly answered a time limited, skill-testing question.
4. This contest is open to all residents of Canada, excluding residents of the province of Quebec, employees of Random House of Canada Limited and ZoomerMedia Limited and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, and members of their respective immediate families. Entrants who are under the age of majority in their province of residence are not eligible to enter.
5. This offer is void where prohibited by law. Chances of winning are solely dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. This contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and participation in the contest indicates acceptance of all contest rules and regulations
6. The decisions of the contest judges are final. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash. The prize winner has the sole responsibility of paying any taxes connected to the prize, if any. By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image on video tape for publicity purposes in all ZoomerMedia Limited media outlets without payment or compensation.
7. The eligible winner(s) of the prize(s) must sign a declaration and release form releasing Random House of Canada Limited and ZoomerMedia Limited from any liability arising from the acceptance of the prize and confirming compliance with contest rules.
8. Random House of Canada Limited and ZoomerMedia Limited accept no liability or responsibility in connection with any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising out of this contest or the prize.
9. As this contest permits entries to be received via e-mail or Internet, no responsibility will be taken for any failure of the website during the promotion or for any problems or technical malfunction of a telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, on-line or Internet entry to be received by ZoomerMedia Limited on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. ZoomerMedia Limited reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend contest should a virus, bug or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of ZoomerMedia Limited corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made ZoomerMedia Limited reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
10. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of an entrant in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
11. For a list of Winners, please contact Marisa Latini, VP of Marketing, ZoomerMedia Limited: [email protected]