Makes 2 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 pound 2 ounces tomatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 1/4 pounds shrimp, cooked and shelled, with tails removed
1 teaspoon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek-style yogurt
1. Place the eggs in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook the eggs for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the eggs from the hot water and help them to cool by running cold water over them. Remove the shells.
3. Cut 2 of the eggs into quarters and set aside. Remove the yolks from the remaining 2 eggs and set them aside in a separate bowl, discarding the whites.
4. Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out their insides. Discard the seeds, sprinkle the hollowed-out tomatoes with salt to taste, and place on a plate to drain.
5. In a food processor combine the shrimp and the 2 quartered hard-boiled eggs. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped.
6. Stuff the tomatoes with the shrimp mixture.
7. Crush the 2 remaining yolks with the back of a fork and combine with the mustard, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix in the yogurt and stir until thoroughly combined.
8. When ready to serve, top the stuffed tomatoes with the yogurt sauce.
Excerpted from The Dukan Diet Cookbook Copyright © 2012 by Dr. Pierre Dukan. Photographs Copyright © 2012 by Ben Fink. Excerpted by permission of Random House Canada. All rights reserved.