Wild Blueberry Marble Cake
1 1/2 cups (200 g) frozen wild blueberries
1 cup (250 g) soft butter
1 1/2 cups (225 g) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs, large
3 1/2 cups (450g) flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
8 ounces (240 ml) 2% milk
1 cup (120 g) icing sugar
1. Defrost 3/4 cup wild blueberries and purée. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C). Have all ingredients for cake at room temperature.
2. Cream butter and add sugar gradually. Continue to beat until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, salt and baking powder and sift into batter mixture alternately with milk. Divide batter into two batches. Stir puréed blueberries into one half of the batter, mixing well.
3. Grease and flour a Bundt cake pan. Pour white batter into pan, then add wild blueberry batter. With the end of a wooden spoon, gently draw swirls through the batter to marbleize. Bake 50 -55 for minutes.
4. Remove cake from oven and let cool for approximately 10 minutes before removing from pan. Place cake on a wire rack and let it cool completely.
1. Defrost remaining 3/4 cup of wild blueberries. Separate juice from berries, pressing gently. Mix powdered sugar with blueberry juice until smooth and consistent in color. Cover cake with frosting and decorate with remaining wild blueberries when the frosting starts to dry.
Nutritional information per serving:
Carbohydrate: 53.5 g
Protein: 5.73 g
Fat: 15.6 g
Recipe and image courtesy of the Wild Blueberry Association of North America. For more information about the health benefits of blueberries and more recipe ideas, visit www.wildblueberries.com
Have you tried this recipe or have a cooking tip for other readers? Share it in the comments below.
More irresistible cake recipes:
Plus see what else is cooking in our in recipes archive.