Perfect Peaches and Cream Tart
NC)—There’s nothing quite like seeing a basket of homegrown peaches in the grocery store or at the farmer’s market to remind you summer is here. In season all summer-long and deliciously sweet, peaches make the perfect summer fruit pie. More summer pie recipes can be found online at www.tenderflake.ca.
Preparation time: 60-75 minutes
1 Tenderflake frozen pie shell
2 1/2 cups (625 mL) peeled and sliced peaches*
3 egg yolks, beaten
3/4 cup (175 mL) sour cream
3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar
1/4 cup (50 mL) flour
*Variation: substitute fresh peaches with 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) of well-drained canned sliced peaches.
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C) and prepare pie shell according to package directions for a baked pie shell. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
2. Lower oven temperature to 350˚F (180˚C). Arrange the peach slices in overlapping circles in the baked pie crust.
3. Combine egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and flour in a medium bowl and beat until smooth. Pour mixture over the peaches.
4. Place pie on baking sheet and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely at room temperature.
5. Serve with fresh whipped cream.
Tip: A sure way to evenly peel peaches is to blanche them. Slice an “X” at the bottom of the peach with a paring knife and then plunge them into boiling water for about 40 seconds, or when you see the cut begin to peel. Remove and submerge them into ice water to chill quickly. When cool enough to handle, slip the skins off with your fingers or paring knife.
More dessert ideas:
Plus see what else is cooking in our in recipes archive.
Have you tried this recipe or have a cooking tip for other readers? Share it in the comments below.