Four Cheeseapeno Popper Pizza Bread
(NC)—Prepare yourself for an exciting flavour sensation that combines your favourite indulgent appetizers into one delicious dish. Topped with mouth-watering bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers, this cheesy pizza bread is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any get-together. The recipe is a creation of Nelson Lacourse from Red Deer, Alberta, a finalist in the D’Italiano Cook-Off Challenge. More tasty recipes can be found online at www.ditaliano.ca.
Makes 10 servings
1 lb (500 g) bacon
1 cup (250 mL) plain cream cheese
1 mango, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 D’Italiano Garlic Bread
1 cup (250 mL) pizza sauce
Parmesan cheese, to taste
1 cup (250 mL) provolone cheese, grated
1/4 cup (50 mL) Asiago cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a frying pan, cook half of bacon, leaving the other half to wrap jalapeno poppers. Cut or break cooked bacon pieces in half.
3. Cut stemmed jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Fill jalapeno halves with cream cheese and place one piece of mango on each. Wrap each stuffed jalapeno with a piece of uncooked bacon.
4. Place bacon-wrapped jalapenos on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. While jalapenos are in the oven, cut the D’Italiano garlic bread in half lengthwise and place each half on a foil-lined baking sheet, cut side up. Spread pizza sauce on the open-faced bread and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
6. After removing from the oven, place jalapeno poppers on bread and sprinkle with grated provolone and Asiago cheeses, and top with cooked bacon pieces.
7. Place back in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for 5 to 10 minutes. If desired, you can broil to brown the cheese on top. Remove from oven and cut into 10 individual servings for guests.
See what else is cooking in our in recipes archive.