Baked Egg Cups
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 18 minutes
Oven Temperature: 350°F (180°C)
6 thin slices ham
18 baby spinach leaves
6 tsp crumbled goat cheese 30mL
6 tsp milk (1%) 30mL
2 tsp finely chopped chives 10mL
1/8 tsp black pepper 0.5 mL
Spray bottoms and sides of 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Line inside of each muffin cup with ham. Place three spinach leaves over ham, then 1 tsp (5 mL) goat cheese over spinach. Carefully crack an egg over top. Spoon 1 tsp (5 mL) milk over each yolk. Sprinkle chives and pepper over top.
Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until whites are set and yolks are cooked as desired, 18 to 20 minutes. Run knife around inside of each muffin cup, then remove.
* Instead of muffin tin, use six 1/2-cup (125 mL) ramekins or custard cups.
* Instead of spinach, use kale.
* Instead of ham, use smoked salmon.
* Instead of goat cheese, use feta cheese or grated hard cheese of your choice.
* Omit goat cheese. Over spinach leaves, place thin slice of tomato and slice of large white or cremini mushroom.
* Omit ham. Use more spinach leaves or a large kale leaf to line muffin cups.
* Omit goat cheese and milk; sprinkle grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese over each egg before baking.
Nutritional info per egg cup: 106 Calories, 9 g Protein, 2 g Carbohydrate, 1 g Sugar, 0 g Fibre, 7 g Fat, 2.5 g Saturated Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 182 mg Sodium, 202 mg Cholesterol