Kick start your day with Weetabix!
Weetabix—What you need to know:
- Only 2 g of sugar*
- 67% of your whole grain needs*
- High in fibre
- Non-GMO verified
- Fills you up without slowing you down!
Energy is what puts the spark in our day to day routine. It’s what gives us the ability to live our life with gusto. Caffeine and sugar may give you a quick boost but they’ll leave you feeling sluggish before you know it. Whole grains on the other hand, are natural fatigue-fighters. Thanks to Weetabix there’s a myriad of ways to start the day off right with toppings like these:
-Summer is right around the corner…we hope! Give your ‘Bix an exotic twist with pomegranate seeds!
-Comfort food without the calories? Yes please! Add some warm milk, bananas, a dash of brown sugar and a drizzle of honey to your Weetabix.
-All berries go best with ‘Bix: Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
Other Ways to Mix your ‘Bix:
– Use Weetabix in place of croutons to give your salad a nutty crunch.
– Boost your ‘Bix with an avocado! Avocados are full of nutrients, are a good source of fibre, and taste great on a Weetabix biscuit!
Banana ‘Bix Smoothie
In a hurry? Resist the urge to skip breakfast. Try this Banana ‘Bix Smoothie instead!
2 large bananas (chopped)
1 Weetabix biscuit (crushed)
4 TBS Yogurt
125ml of milk
Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
Weetabix Breakfast Scramble Recipe
Your breakfast sets the tone for the rest of your day, so remember to shake it up a little! Break out of the boring breakfast mold with this Weetabix Breakfast Scramble recipe:
1/2 cup chopped vegetables
1 teaspoon butter
1 Weetabix biscuit
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
black pepper, to taste
- Lightly coat a non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray and place over medium heat. Add the chopped vegetables and sauté, 3-5 minutes, until tender. Remove to a cereal bowl.
- Add the butter to the pan and, once melted, crack the egg into it. Cook 2 minutes, then flip and cook 1 minute more so that the whites are set but the yolk will be runny.
- While the egg cooks, break up the Weetabix biscuit and add to the bowl of vegetables along with the nutritional yeast.
- When the egg is done cooking, transfer it to the Weetabix-vegetable bowl and mash everything together with a fork. Season with pepper.
*Recipe via Floptimism
For more information and recipes, please visit www.weetabix.ca