Drink Recipe: Confessin’ The Blues
1 ½ oz Gin
1 oz mint syrup
1 oz fresh lime juice
½ oz Van Dyk’s Wild Blueberry Juice
2 slices of cucumber
Mint Syrup Ingredients:
1½ cup water
1 cup sugar
1 bunch mint, rinsed with roots trimmed
- Combine water, sugar, and mint leaves in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Continue simmering for 20 to 30 minutes, remove from the heat and let cool.
- Strain it through a sieve to remove the mint leaves.
- Transfer into a bottle and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- Muddle the Van Dyk’s Wild Blueberry Juice with cucumber and add the mint syrup, lime juice and gin in the base of a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until well blended.
- Fine strain into chilled glass