Your Daily Dish: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Take a bigger bite out of life! Every day is a holiday with BiteMeMore.com.
National Cupcake Day
The cupcake craze isn’t going anywhere and this is one trend we’re thrilled to celebrate. Gather round and get ready to chow down on these Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes, moist chocolate cupcakes filled with creamy peanut butter, dipped in chocolate ganache and topped with peanut butter frosting.
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup cocoa powder, sifted
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp kosher salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Frosting
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups icing sugar
3 tbsp whole milk
Pinch kosher salt
2 cups chopped semi-sweet chocolate
½ cup heavy cream
Miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- For the cupcakes, in a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, coffee, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared cupcake liners until 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes, or until tops feel firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely before filling and frosting.
- For the peanut butter frosting, in an electric mixer, combine butter, peanut butter, vanilla and icing sugar on low speed. Once combined, on medium speed, add milk and a pinch of salt, beating until desired consistency.
- To fill the cupcakes, using a paring knife, cut out a small cone from the center of each cupcake. Spoon a small amount of peanut butter frosting into each cupcake. Replace cut-out piece of cupcake. Set aside while preparing chocolate ganache.
- For the chocolate ganache, place the chopped chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil and pour over the chopped chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Dip the top of each filled cupcake into the ganache and let set for 30 minutes before finishing frosting. Once ganache is set, pipe tops of cupcakes with remaining frosting and garnish with miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Add our sinful S’mores Cupcakes to the mix to make it a real soiree!
Whether it’s cruising the aisles at the Dollar Store or experimenting at the stove, we believe that every day can be a holiday.