Your Daily Dish: Chunky Chocolate Coffee Cake
Take a bigger bite out of life! Every day is a holiday with BiteMeMore.com.
Here’s yet another holiday that can be celebrated every day – it’s National Chocolates Day. Get ready to bring the house down (and your spirits up) with this addictive Chunky Chocolate Coffee Cake.
2 cups chopped milk chocolate
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 cup sugar
6 tbsp margarine
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/3 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2) For the topping, in a small bowl, combine milk chocolate, brown sugar, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
3) For the cake, in a food processor, combine sugar, margarine, eggs and vanilla. Process for 2 minutes.
4) Mix sour cream with baking soda in a measuring cup. Let stand for 30 seconds.
5) Add sour cream to food processor and mix 3 seconds. Add flour and baking powder, pulsing 4 times or until flour disappears.
6) Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan. Cover with half of the topping. Repeat with remaining batter and topping. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Can’t get enough chocolate? We can’t either and that’s why we’re also baking up this Decadent Chocolate Rice Krispie Crunch Cake.
Whether it’s cruising the aisles at the Dollar Store or experimenting at the stove, we believe that every day can be a holiday.
ALSO ON EVERYTHINGZOOMER: