Your Daily Dish: Moist Blueberry Muffins with Sweet Crumble Top
I have an eye-catching golden exterior and warm, plump blueberry interior. When I’m hot, I exude an intoxicating aroma. I’m looking for a long-term relationship and holding out hope that, one day, I’ll have my own batch of mini-muffins.
Call me at 1-888-GR8-BITE.
Blueberry Muffins with Sweet Crumble Tops
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup melted margarine
1 cup sour cream
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp margarine
1) Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Lightly dust cups with flour, shaking out the excess.
2) For the batter, in a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and blueberries. Gently toss to combine.
3) In a small bowl, whisk melted margarine, sour cream, egg, vanilla and lemon zest. Gently stir into flour mixture just until blended. Do not overmix – the batter is supposed to look lumpy. Spoon batter into prepared tin, dividing evenly among muffin cups.
4) For the crumble topping, in a small bowl, use a fork to mix flour, sugar and margarine until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over muffin cups.
5) Bake 23-25 minutes, until muffins spring back when gently pressed. Cool 10 minutes in the muffin tin before removing to cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 12 muffins
Bite Me Bit: “You should never write your own resume, personal ad, or obituary. In all three cases it is better to show your humility by letting someone else lie for you.” – David Hayden
While you’ve got the muffin tin out, why not whip up a batch of these sweet, golden-topped Apple Streusel Muffins.
Whether it’s cruising the aisles at the Dollar Store or experimenting at the stove, we believe that every day can be a holiday.
ALSO ON EVERYTHINGZOOMER: