Your Daily Dish: The Best Fudgy Double Chocolate Layer Cake
Chocolate-on-chocolate. Need we say more? Well, if we must, let us tell you that this Fudgy Chocolate Cake is so perfect you need not look further – layers of moist chocolate cake are slathered in a creamy chocolate frosting that will make you weak in the knees. It’s legendary, a recipe guaranteed to be passed down from generation to generation.
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
¾ cup cocoa powder, sifted to remove lumps
1½ tsp baking powder
1¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp kosher salt
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup boiling water
½ cup butter, softened
2 /3 cup cocoa powder, sifted to remove lumps
6 tbsp milk
2 tbsp corn syrup
3 cups icing sugar
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray.
2) Add sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt to an electric mixer. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds to combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk and oil, beating at medium speed for 2 minutes. With a spatula gently fold in boiling water (note: the batter will be thin). Divide evenly into prepared pans.
3) Bake 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing cakes from pans. Completely cool layers on wire racks.
4) For the frosting, in an electric mixer, cream together butter and cocoa on low speed to combine. Add milk and corn syrup, continuing on low speed for 1 minute. Add icing sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Once all the icing sugar has been added, turn speed to medium and beat until it is a smooth spreading consistency.
5) To assemble cake, place one cake layer on a serving dish and top with about 3/4 cup of frosting. Spread evenly over cake. Top with remaining layer and use the remainder of the frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
Bite Me Bit: “…the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M’s and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.” -Dave Barry
Calling all fellow chocoholics – this Triple Stuffed Oreo Cake is a super-moist chocolate cake sandwiched between layers of creamy Oreo frosting and topped with mounds of addictive White Chocolate Oreo Popcorn.
Whether it’s cruising the aisles at the Dollar Store or experimenting at the stove, we believe that every day can be a holiday.
More on EverythingZoomer.com