Your Daily Dish: Forever Nuts Apple Crumble Cupcakes Recipe
What goes perfect with a cup of tea?
Why, tea-infused, apple-studded, cream cheese-frosted, crumble-topped cupcakes, of course. Using the incredible, aromatic and deliciously nutty Forever Nuts from DAVIDsTEA, Lisa has created a cupcake that, well, fits every sweet tooth to a (DAVIDs) tea!
½ cup boiling water
2 tsp DAVIDsTEA Forever Nuts Tea
2½ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
2 small Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
1¼ cups brown sugar
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 (4oz) pkg cream cheese
¼ cup butter, softened
¼ tsp vanilla extract
2½ cups icing sugar
1 tbsp whole milk
1 cup flour
½ cup sugar
½ cup chopped almonds
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch kosher salt
1/3 cup butter, softened
1) For the cupcakes, preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 16 muffin cups with cupcake liners and coat lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Combine boiling water and tea, allowing to steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bag and let the brewed tea cool completely before adding to cupcake batter.
2) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and diced apples. In a medium bowl, whisk brown sugar, buttermilk, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla. Whisk in cooled tea. Gently stir into flour mixture, just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, dividing evenly. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
3) For the cream cheese frosting, using an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until well combined. On low speed, add vanilla, icing sugar and milk. Mix to combine, increasing speed to medium until a smooth spreading consistency.
4) For the crumble topping, in a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, almonds, cinnamon and salt. Add butter into crumble with your fingers until mixture looks like coarse meal. Spread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in a 350ºF oven for 10 minutes. Stir and continue to bake 10 minutes more, until crumble is golden. Set aside and let cool completely before using as garnish.
5) Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes and garnish with crumble topping.
Yield: 16 cupcakes
Bite Me Bit: “A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
To be the apple of everyone’s eye, use your extra apples for this moist and chunky Apple Caramel Crumble Cake.
Whether it’s cruising the aisles at the Dollar Store or experimenting at the stove, we believe that every day can be a holiday.
More on EverythingZoomer.com