Your Daily Dish: Crispy Fish Sandwich with Tartar Sauce
Fish is healthy, right?
Not when it’s battered and fried, and that’s why we’ve come up with this baked version, a super easy Cornmeal Crusted Cod Sandwich, topped with crunchy lettuce and creamy tartar sauce.
Cornmeal Crusted Cod
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup milk
6 (6oz) cod fillets
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Pinch of cayenne pepper
6 hamburger buns
Shredded iceberg lettuce
1) Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2) In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, salt and pepper. Pour the milk into a separate bowl.
3) Working with one fillet at a time, dip the fish in milk and then dredge in the cornmeal mixture, completely coating the fish. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes. Flip fillets and bake an additional 6 minutes, until golden.
4) For the tartar sauce, in a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, pickle, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and cayenne pepper.
5) To serve, put crusted fish in buns and top with tartar sauce and shredded lettuce.
Have some vegetarians in the crowd? Throw these amazingly easy and super tasty Balsamic Grilled Vegetables on the barbecue.
More on EverythingZoomer.com