Your Daily Dish: Mini Heath Bar Cheesecake
We’d like to amend the expression that good things come in small packages. In fact, it’s great things (read: creamy, toffee-filled, buttery crusted and chocolate drizzled) that come in small packages. These Mini Heath Bar Cheesecakes, easy to make and even easier to devour, may be small in size, but they deliver huge in taste.
1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup melted butter
3 (8oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp flour
1 cup toffee bits, heath bar or skor
Heath Bar or Skor Bar, for garnish
Melted semi-sweet chocolate, for garnish
1) Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line muffin tins with 24 cupcake liners and coat lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
2) For the crust, in a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter. Stir together with a fork until well blended and all the dry ingredients are moistened. Press a heaping tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Set aside.
3) For the cheesecake, using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat at medium speed until well combined. Add eggs on low speed, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, cream and flour mixing until smooth and creamy.
4) Place 1 tsp of toffee bits on top of each cupcake crust. Fill each cup with the cheesecake mixture and sprinkle remaining toffee bits over cheesecake. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 275ºF and continue to bake 15 minutes more. Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool completely. Refrigerate before serving.
5) To garnish, place a few chocolate bar pieces on top and drizzle with melted chocolate.
Yield: 24 mini cheesecakes
Crazy for cheesecake? Try this crowd-pleasing Creamy Toffee Cheesecake.
Whether it’s cruising the aisles at the Dollar Store or experimenting at the stove, we believe that every day can be a holiday.
More on EverythingZoomer.com