DISH UP: Pan-Fried Rainbow Trout, A Stream to Table Winner
A quick and easy marinade packed with lemon, thyme, and parsley and lots of garlic makes this fried fish a stream-to-table winner.
Pan Fried Rainbow Trout
2 Tbsp of olive oil
1 Tbsp coarse salt
¼ cup of herbs (lemon thyme and parsley)
1 rainbow trout
2 cloves of garlic
Flour for dusting
2 Tbsp grapeseed or vegetable oil
Lemon and red onion to garnish
1. Using a mortar and pestle rub the salt with the herbs, olive oil, and garlic to make a paste.
2. Make slits in the fish—3 on each side.
3. Rub paste on fish and also in cavity before placing in the fridge to marinate for 1-1/2 hours.
4. Take the fish out and dust both sides with the flour. Shake off any excess.
5. Heat oil on high and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side.
6. Blot with paper towels. Place platter and garnish with lemon slices and red onion (optional).