RECIPE: Peach and Vanilla Brulee Cocktail
In this modern cocktail, fresh peaches meet caramelized and creamy flavours for the perfect layered sip. Brûléeing – or burning – the vanilla syrup and peach slices brings this classic dessert technique to beverages.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Makes: 4 servings
For the Vanilla Brûlée Syrup:
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plus 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
For the Peach Brûlée:
- 1 medium peach, cut into 8 wedges
- ¼ cup (50 mL) sugar
For the Cocktail:
- 1 cup (250 mL) peach schnapps
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) ice cubes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) heavy cream
1. For the Vanilla Brûlée Syrup, mix 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the sugar and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the water in small heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook on medium heat 5 minutes or until the syrup is a dark caramel colour, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Slowly add remaining ½ cup (125 mL) water. Once the mixture is no longer steaming, add remaining ½ cup (125 mL) sugar. Cook and stir on medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in vanilla. Set aside.
2. For the Peach Brûlée, toss peach wedges and sugar in medium bowl until well coated. Arrange peaches in single layer on large shallow foil-lined baking pan. Brûlée or broil one side of each peach wedge 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
3. For the Peach and Vanilla Brûlée Cocktail, mix 4 of the brûléed peach wedges, peach schnapps and lemon juice in large cocktail shaker. Top with ice and heavy cream. Cover and shake until well mixed and chilled. Strain into 4 cocktail glasses. Garnish the rim of each glass with a remaining brûléed peach wedge. Slowly pour about ¼ cup (50 mL) of the Vanilla Brûlée Syrup over each peach wedge and into the glass. (The syrup will sink to the bottom of the glass.)