Recipe: Creamy Blueberry Pie with Sweet Streusel
Find your thrills on Blueberry Hill with this Creamy Blueberry Pie, a pie with a sweet graham crust and topped with a sweet and crunchy streusel.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup melted margarine
Creamy Blueberry Filling
4 cups fresh blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp kosher salt
2 large eggs, gently whisked
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp margarine
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
2) For the crust, in a medium bowl, combine graham crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Add margarine and mix until well blended. Press the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Bake for 8 minutes and set aside to cool.
3) For the filling, in a large bowl, gently stir together blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon zest and salt. Gently fold in eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Spoon mixture into graham crust.
4) For the topping, in a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Using a fork, mix in margarine until crumbly. Spread topping over the pie filling.
5) Bake 40-45 minutes until lightly browned on top. Cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
Love pie? Check out Bite Me More’s Top 5 Pie Recipes, including an incredible Lemon Meringue and sticky Banoffee Pie.
Julie Albert & Lisa Gnat are thrilled to announce the launch of their newest cookbook, Lick Your Plate. It has received rave reviews and features over 160 recipes that are foolproof and fantastic. It’s a fresh and fun cookbook perfect for the home cook and also serves up over 100 drool-worthy recipe images, countless tips and tricks, meal pairings, and leftover suggestions. On shelves now, buy your copy online.