Recipe: Everything You Wish You Didn’t Want In One Delicious Cookie
What could be better than a delicious chocolate chip cookie? One stuffed with a moist and fudgy brownie, that’s what.
These impressive brownie-stuffed chocolate chip cookies are surprisingly easy to make and serve as further proof that it’s what’s inside that counts!
1 cup butter
6 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3 cups sugar
5 large eggs
1 ½ cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
½ tsp kosher salt
Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 ½ cups flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp kosher salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Caramel sauce, to drizzle
1) For the brownies, preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 13×9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper and lightly spray again.
2) In a microwave safe bowl, combine butter and unsweetened chocolate. Melt on high heat for 1 minute, stir and melt for 30 seconds more or until the chocolate and butter are smooth and melted.
3) In a large bowl, whisk sugar and eggs. Whisk in melted chocolate mixture. Stir in flour, cocoa powder and salt, just until flour disappears. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Cut into 1 to 1 ½ inch squares – you will only need half the batch for the cookies, so use the rest for another dessert.
4) For the cookies, preheat oven to 325ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar on medium speed, until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla, egg and egg yolk until well combined. On low speed, add flour mixture and chocolate chips, mixing just until flour disappears.
5) Using ¼ cup of cookie dough at a time, place 1 brownie square in the center and enclose the dough around it add more dough if needed to cover completely. Place 2 inches apart on to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and cool a few minutes before transferring cookies to a wire rack. Once cool, drizzle with caramel sauce.
Yield: 12 cookies