Recipe: Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
Think pasta salads are boring, greasy, salad bar staples?
This spectacular Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad proves otherwise. Tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette and teeming with flavorful grilled peppers, zucchini, asparagus and onions, this full-of-incredible-taste-and-texture pasta salad is the life of the party!
2 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded
2 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
12 thick asparagus stalks, bottoms trimmed
1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
3/4 lb orecchiette (ear-shaped) pasta
1) Preheat barbecue to medium heat.
2) In a large bowl, combine peppers, zucchini, asparagus and onion. Toss with 2 tbsp olive oil and set aside.
3) For balsamic dressing, in a small bowl, whisk 2 tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4) Place red pepper halves skin side down on preheated grill to blister skins. When the skins are black all over, remove from grill and peel skins off when cool enough to handle. Cut peppers into large chunks and place in large mixing bowl.
5) Grill zucchini slices, asparagus and onion, about 3 minutes per side, until grill marks appear but vegetables are still firm. Remove from grill and cut asparagus and onions into large bite-sized pieces. Add all grilled vegetables to red peppers. Toss with balsamic dressing, marinating for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta and add to grilled vegetables. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Have some vegetarians in the crowd? Throw these amazingly easy and super tasty Balsamic Grilled Vegetables on the barbecue.
Authors of bestselling cookbooks Bite Me, Bite Me Too and Lick Your Plate, saucy sisters Julie Albert and Lisa Gnat love eating, feeding, entertaining and dishing up easy recipes at BiteMeMore.com.
More on EverythingZoomer.com