Recipe: Mushroom-Crusted Sole
Photo: Bite Me More
Here, fillets of sole are topped with a mushroom medley and baked to tasty perfection.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 lb chopped fresh mushrooms (can use a variety of button, shiitake, cremini)
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
4 (6oz) sole fillets, about 1/2-inch thick
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, stirring until softened, about 4 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until the liquid released from the mushrooms has evaporated.
4. Remove mushroom mixture from heat and add chicken broth, wine, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper and panko. Stir to combine the mixture should stick together.
5. Pat fish dry with paper towel and place on prepared baking sheet. Top fillets with mushroom mixture, patting down to cover the whole piece. Bake 10-12 minutes, until topping becomes slightly crusty.
Authors of bestselling cookbooks Bite Me, Bite Me Too and Lick Your Plate, saucy sisters Julie Albert and Lisa Gnat love eating, feeding, entertaining and dishing up easy recipes at BiteMeMore.com