2014 Emmy Awards: The 10 Best Dressed
We round up some of the best dressed Zoomers that rocked the evening with their sartorial choices.
When it comes to red carpet fashions, the Emmy Awards in the past were often considered the poor cousin to the more glamourous Oscars and The Golden Globes.
The gowns worn to those two award shows just seems more memorable. Or perhaps actresses put more effort into dressing for them since a show like the Oscars have a global audience that numbers close to a billion viewers. Not to mention, cinema always held itself in higher esteem to television.
But it is now said we are living in the second golden age of television – the 1960s was considered the first – with a multitude of diverse and brilliant shows. You can thank cable channels like HBO and Showtime for leading the way. And now of course, there is no stigma for A-list movie stars to appear on the small screen. Just look at some of the nominees at last night’s Emmy’s that counted Julia Roberts and Matthew McConaughey.
But getting back to last night’s red carpet. You definitely noticed the glam factor was amped up at this year’s Emmy Awards. Ball gowns came swanning down the carpet. The big jewels came out. And ample cleavage and thigh high slits added some sex appeal to the proceedings.
2. Sofia Vergara, 42, in a Roberto Cavalli gown.
3. Julia Roberts, 46, in Elie Saab haute couture dress.
4. Halle Berry, 48, in Elie Saab.
5. Kathy Bates, 66.
6. Allison Janney, 54, in a Nicholas Jebran gown.
7. Julia Louis-Dreyfus, 53, in a Carolina Herrera gown.
8. Robin Wright, 48, in a Ralph Lauren jumpsuit.
9. Sarah Silverman, 43, in a gown by Marni.
10. Minnie Driver, 44, in a Marchesa gown.