EZ Beauty: How to Get Nicole Kidman’s Red Carpet Hair
You don’t need long hair in order to have red carpet appeal. Nicole Kidman and her newly-cropped, shoulder-length bob (also known as the “lob”) looked sophisticated, sleek and modern as she graced this year’s Oscars ceremony. Wella Professionals celebrity stylist, Italo Gregorio, cut and styled her strawberry blonde locks to create movement and definition.
How to get the look:
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair.
2. Add 1-2 pumps of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier Style Primer to damp hair and distribute evenly throughout the head.
3. Next, apply mousse to the entire head to create volume and body throughout the hair.
4. Apply 1-2 drops of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to the entire head to add shine throughout the hair.
5. Blow-dry the entire head section by section using a medium round brush.
6. Prep hair for heat styling with heat protection spray. Shake well and spray at arm’s length onto dry hair, distributing evenly throughout the head and flatiron section by section.
8. Distribute a dab of Wella Professionals Smooth Brilliance Shine Pomade onto your hands, gently working into the ends of the hair to smooth the tips and tame frizz.
8. Finish the look by misting finishing spray all over the hair.
- Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo and Daily Renewing Conditioner, $22 each
- Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier Style Primer, $16
- Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir, $42
- Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray, $15
- Wella Professionals Smooth Brilliance Shine Pomade, $18
- Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray, $17
All products are available at professional salons