Get a tax credit for your CSBs

Many people have Canada Savings Bonds or Canada Premium Bonds tucked away in desk drawers, filing cabinets or safety deposit boxes. There’s an easy and cost-free way to convert these bonds into an RRSP deduction.

Simply open up a Canada RSP by calling 1-800-575-5151. You can then contribute all unmatured bonds directly to it and receive a tax deduction for the face value plus all accrued interest to the date of the transfer.

For more information, visit Investment and Savings Canada.