8 Self-Care Gifts for a Happy and More Mindful 2020
Whether shovelling snow or cross-country skiing, this Smartwool sweater helps regulate temperature, manage moisture and resists odours. Photo: Courtesy Smartwool
It’s time to treat yourself and get ready for the new year — and the new decade.
Whether it’s sustainable outerwear, the book to inspire your journey or tech that lets you stream your favourite tunes or meditation app, these mindful gifts to give yourself will help foster joy.
1. Inspire your journey with former First Lady. Michelle Obama’s Becoming: A Guided Journal for Discovering Your Voice
2. Help out Mother Nature while fending her off with a jacket made from recycled plastic by Montreal-based brand Norden. Mia Puffer, nordenproject.com
3. With built-in Bluetooth speakers, you can listen to whatever makes you happiest under the sun. Bose Frame Audio sunglasses, amazon.ca
4. The Apple iPhone 11 features twin rear cameras for professional-looking portraits and auto-stabilizing video of the grandkids, plus a front-facing, wide-angle camera for squeezing all the family into a selfie. Download the Calm meditation app, which now features bedtime stories for adults, to help lull yourself to sleep.
5. Whether for a high-intensity workout like snow shovelling or just enjoying the outdoors this winter, you’ll be thankful for the temperature regulation, moisture management and odour resistance of Smartwool. Men’s Chup Kaamos sweater, smartwool.com
6. A cosy sherpa lining, easy draw-cord closure and insulated sole make these unisex waterproof shoes a go-to for getting your steps in this winter. Original Insulated Sherpa Shoe, hunterboots.com
7. Find inner peace with this meditation headband. It sends real-time heart rate and brain activity via an app to help you reach a meditative calm. Muse 2 headband, choosemuse.com
8. The cable leitmotif runs throughout the designs of jeweller David Yurman and is a symbol of connectivity and strength. Cable Classic Bracelet, davidyurman.com