Gift Ideas for the Pet and Pet Lover on Your List
Photo: Courtesy of PetValu
Pets have been shown to lower our blood pressure and stress, improve our self-worth and social connection, and even increase how much activity we get. Any way you slice it, animal companions are good for us.
Return the favour this holiday season with gifts that take care of them — and their owners, too.
1. Upgrade to a smart leash. It connects to an app on your phone to track your routes, lights up for night walks and vibrates when you reach a distance goal — or when you receive a call or a text. Petkit Go smart leash, amazon.ca
2. This pet cam allows you to keep track of Fido remotely, dispenses treats and features two-way audio. Petcube Bites pet camera, amazon.ca
3. Let them slumber in style. Mitchell Gold+Bob Williams dog bed, mgbwhome.com
4. Amp up the adorable and get them winter-ready with some Canadiana check. Bailey & Bella buffalo check sweater, petvalu.ca
5. Talk to your vet about CBD oil for your pet’s anxiety, joint pain and other ailments. Creating Brighter Days Fortify 250, cbdpet.ca
A version of this story was originally published on Dec. 10, 2019.
Beyond Companionship: Why Having a Pet Is Good for Healthy Aging