Sundried Tomato Bruschetta
(NC)—Add a little rustic Italian flavour to your suppertime tonight with this easy-to-prepare Bruschetta. Try substituting plain margarine or butter with Derlea’s new sundried tomato and herb spread – it’s trans-fat free and adds authentic flavour. And, here’s some great news you can feel good about: Derlea will donate 50 cents for every new spread purchased in Canada to Spread the Net, a Canadian organization that provides bed nets to families in Africa to prevent malaria. So, you can spread some flavour and save lives, too.
All You Need:
Derlea sundried tomato spread
1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread
6 or 7 ripe plum tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
1 tsp of Derlea minced garlic
6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cheese – feta, goats cheese or mozzarella (optional)
All You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. While the oven is heating, finely chop the tomatoes. Combine tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, basil in a bowl, mix and set aside.
3. Slice baguette in 1/2 inch slices and generously spread with Derlea sundried tomato and herb spread.
4. Place bread on cooking sheet. Toast for 4-5 minutes or until the bread begins to crisp.
5. Spoon on the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese.
6. Return back in oven for 2-3 minutes to warm and allow cheese to melt or soften, then serve.
You can find more easy recipes and coupons online at www.derlea.com.
More summery sides:
Plus see what else is cooking in our in recipes archive.
Have you tried this recipe or have a cooking tip for other readers? Share it in the comments below.