The Zoomer Report: Divorce-proof Your Marriage
You wouldn’t think a pair of comedians would be experts on marital bliss. But Samantha Bee of Daily Show fame, and her husband Jason Jones have come out with a list of the top 10 ways to make your marriage divorce-proof. Here are a few.
1. No fighting in public. Realize that if you can agree on what constitutes a clean room, you can agree on anything. So it may take compromise
2. If you’re irritated by your partner, imagine him as a small child.! It’s easy to forget how appealing your spouse is when you are looking at him through a prism of all the chores that he has yet to accomplish like fixing the garage-door opener. But if you pretend he’s a five-year-old. Awww. Isn’t he adorable? And so smart.
3. And while things need to be done, you can procrastinate. Take time to hold hands and watch old movies.
7. Accept that everyone needs alone time. Sometimes your spouse needs to get away from from you.
9. Keep some mystery. Sam never allows Jason to see her lurching to put on a pair of panty hose, and he never lets her to see him shaving the back of his neck.
About The Zoomer Report
Libby Znaimer, a prominent Canadian journalist specializing in business, politics, and lifestyle issues, is producer and host of The Zoomer Report, a special feature on topics of interest to baby boomers and the 50+. It covers everything from health and wealth to leisure and volunteerism, from the special vantage point of the generation that has changed society in its wake.
Ms. Znaimer is also Vice-President of News and Information for Classical 96.3FM and AM740. Her first book, “In Cancerland – Living Well Is The Best Revenge” – was published in October 2007 by Key Porter.
Are you a Zoomer? Click here to find out.