Snowflake Chocolate and Pecan Pie
(NC)— A chocolate pecan pie is the perfect dessert to end any holiday feast. A basic recipe with only a handful of ingredients, you can whip this pie together in an hour. This gooey dessert will impress your guests and warm their hearts. More holiday tips, recipes and free printable stencils are available at www.tenderflake.com.
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
2 (1 pkg.) Tenderflake pie shells
3/4 cup (175 mL) pecan halves, divided
1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup (150 mL) corn syrup
1/3 cup (75 mL) sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Remove frozen pie shells. Place one pie shell on a baking sheet to thaw so it can be used to stencil the pie. Set the other pie shell aside.
3. Coarsely chop 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the pecans and set aside.
4. Melt chocolate in double boiler or in microwave on Medium for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Combine melted chocolate, corn syrup, sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in chopped pecans.
6. Pour mixture into one of the pie shell. Arrange remaining pecan halves over top of filling.
7. Remove remaining pie shell from foil and place on a floured surface, gently flattening edge.
8. Cut festive shapes, using holly, star shaped, maple leaves, etc. cookie cutters and arrange, slightly overlapping on edge of filled crust.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and continue to bake for 20 minutes or until filling is set.
10. Allow to cool before serving with ice cream or whipped cream. Refrigerate any leftovers.
For more holiday recipes and entertaining ideas, visit our Holiday section.